U-Haul® Mobile Storage: Compare Storage Options
How STORsquare compares:
People often think U-Haul® is the only option for completing a do-it-yourself (DIY) move. But did you know renting a STORsquare portable storage container SQUARE and letting us handle the moving and storage for you can be cheaper – and certainly easier!
Some things to consider:
- Driving a box truck is really not that fun. Let our professionals pick up and move your SQUARE portable storage container as many times as you need. This is way more convenient than moving in and out of trucks and storage units.
- Gas is expensive. Our delivery fee includes the price of fuel, so you don’t even have to think about it.
- The truck is challenging to load. Our portable SQUARES are nearly floor-level so there is no steep ramp to navigate. That saves time and safety.
- Have a personal vehicle you need to relocate as well? Don’t pay U-Haul® even more for a car trailer. You take your car, and we take your belongings.
- New apartment not ready? Haven’t closed on your new house yet? We can store your SQUARE until you and your new home are ready.
- Need more space? We can easily delivery another container, so you are covered.
- Crunched for time? Take all weekend, all week, all month if you need it – all for the same price.
We know that our customers are busy. That’s why we offer flexible delivery options. We allow you to pick the date and time of day you want your delivery to occur. U-Haul® requires you to pick up and drop off your rental truck at set locations and times. If you return your U-Haul® late, there are additional fees. We will do our best to accommodate the delivery and pick up times that works best for you. Because you rent a SQUARE on a monthly basis, there is no rush to return it. Take your time with your move, and when you are ready, just let us know. Need a pickup or delivery after hours? We can do that too.
In order for renting a box truck to be a cost-effective solution compared to STORsquare, you would have to pickup the rental truck, load the truck, travel to your new destination, unload the truck, and return the truck to a drop-off location ALL WITHIN THE SAME BUSINESS DAY. It is no wonder that moving has become associated with stress and headaches.
When moving with a SQUARE, you can take your time to load all your belongings carefully and at your own pace. Once you are ready, we can pick up the container and take it directly to your new home OR we can store it until your new location is ready. With a rental truck, you have no flexibility when unplanned events delay your ability to move in or out.
The below chart compares the costs of a move using a 20′ box truck compared to our 16′ SQUARE.